Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bayview Market

Throughout the Seattle area, they had farmer's markets, which I loved.  Here in Langley we have the Bayview Market.  The produce is local, organic, and magnificent.  I sketched this scene sitting next to a wonderful guitar/vocalist who's name I regret not getting.  The booths next to me were Bob Bowling Rustics, a fellow who creates super imaginative one-of-a-kind structures, Ferry View Farms, and a bonsai plant seller.  Today's sketch is called "Sale on Bonsai" honoring the bonsai seller.  She's the blonde in the red top.  There was so much going on ... note the fellow in the center, the author one could meet today.  I tried to capture the busyness of the place, as well as the sparkly lightness of this sunny day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barbara, I'm so happy I found this. My name is Kevin and I'm the owner of Bayview Bonsai, the bonsai booth at the market that day. I remember you showing this wonderful piece to me that day and regretted not getting your contact info. I would love to get a copy of this if possible, or at least get your permission to use this image on my website. My email is kevin@bayviewbonsai.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete