Sunday, November 25, 2012

MY B&W PHOTOGRAPHY DAYS

Three Pears

Queen Anne

Paris Country House shot with a Toy Camera
Paris


Infra-red Photo at Seattle's Japanese Garden


French Countryside
Confessions of a lazy blogger:  I started this art blog earlier this year but haven't been posting any work.  Today, I decided that my New Year's resolution is to keep painting and blogging.  First things, first.  I'm going to put some of my art history here, for my own sense of continuation.  Here's a few samples of what's left of my photographic days.  I studied at the Photographic Center Northwest for a couple of years, learning B&W film techniques, appreciating the great instruction & facilities at PCNW and grateful for Ansel Adam's generous teaching books.  He taught me that it all starts with knowing how to make a great negative (exposure, lighting, etc.) and then your printing efforts can concentrate on enhancements, rather than corrections.  My first photographs, of course, were black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment