Sunday, November 25, 2012

TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY

After the pregnancy series, I studied a bit with Phil Borges, a wonderful Mercer Island photographer.  He inspired me to get a Hasselblad and to shoot square format.  I began a couple of color travel series, first in Peru when I traveled for his Bridges program, working with the native students in the remote mountains of Peru, and then in Istanbul.   The above photo ... which was a natural light 3 minute exposure ... lends itself well to being printed very large, poster sized.   In December '03, I held a show at Cafe Paloma in Pioneer Square, entitled "Mystical Istanbul."   The show was of ancient sites in the old Istanbul, including the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and the amazing underground cistern, shown above.   The show also exhibited at the Seattle Center for a Turkish festival.  I got many beautiful shots of the people and places in Peru and Istanbul, but I was printing large images and my scanner cannot accommodate them.  This gives you a taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment